Thursday, June 23, 2016

Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections

Writer's Block!
What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and GURPS is the sun!

All the blags


No new blogs this week it seems so let's skip to the things that were interesting this week.
There was a bit of a discussion on point costs this week, which I found a little interesting, and even followed up on. Chain Link and Concrete posted some interesting strategies about buffeting opponents to break down defenses, and then thoughts on how to counter such a strategy, which actually lines up with how I run it as well. I enjoy Dungeon Fantastic's post on negotiation and lessons learned, that whole series is interesting. Mook wrote a little "update" on How to Be a GURPS GM, which I need to look over a bit more carefully.

Other Thoughts and Self Reflection

I had a bunch of ideas earlier this week, but now I feel tapped out. Lot's of mathy and editorial posts.
The first Luck post got a huge spike in traffic, but I think that's a crawler bot that dun goofed. Second most popular post is the other Luck post which has a more reasonable visit count. No especially old posts were popular this week. I'm still getting a lot of comments, so thanks for that.
I am tentatively looking to help with development on the GURPS Calculator project, but need to get some time to look at it. It's written in C#, so I feel I can be fairly helpful, but never worked on a hobby project before so there's a bit for me to be nervous about.
If anyone has any topics that you think would be interesting for me to discuss lemme know, I'm floundering for ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...