|If you pretend this picture is|
a little more craggy,
it's pretty apt.
- Cassana - Cassana is a Cat-Folk priestess who decided because of a vision from her god to travel with the crew of Bad Company. Her supernatural healing makes her a readily hot commodity. She is a prudish bore though, and spends her free time reciting passages and praying. She serves the deity Abuelito; his followers are often scorned because he is thought to be a miscreant since he is the patron of the poor and unloved.
- Elizabeth - A burly thing of a girl who was raised among rabbit-people. She tries hard, but she doesn’t have the chops for the business. Her adopted father was abducted by a man named Salazar, and she has joined a band of pirates to hopefully secure help in finding this man. She is the support member, and a jack of all trades. She has a horse named Al Freido who helps protect the belongings of her and the party. [Elizabeth was out, decided to have her rest.]
- Gordon - A wood elf (?) archer savant that has no clue how to interact with other people. Fiercely loyal to the mission of protecting nature from those that would transgress against it, his memory of the past is riddled with holes. Did something awful happen? Why can't he remember? He follows the party for indiscernible reasons.
- Sheek - A half goblin/human hybrid who after a strange turn of events, has recently gotten in touch with his human emotions. Goblin society hasn't prepared him for this, and as his clan has been almost rendered unto nothing, he has decided to travel with the only people that have ever shown him a modicum of respect.
- Xelin - Son of Van Zandt the Blight, though he was only a child when the story of that man took place. His lineage is a secret he must keep closely because of the unspeakable atrocities of his father. Unavoidably lead down his inevitable destiny to power and mastery of the cosmos, misfortune follows closely after him. For unfortunate reasons, he finds that the only people he can trust are themselves absolute dregs, and thus finds himself in the hire of Captain Burbank. [Xelin was out, decided to have his character rest.]
- NPCs [None of them involved this session except Al Freido]
- Al Freido - Elizabeth's horse, she is afraid of him because she believes that he has some connection to the arrival of the demons.
- Chadwick - Chadwick the nondescript NPC of zero personality and ambition was a prisoner along with Sheek and Emilio. He has become something of an assistant to Mr. Tapioca and the two have set off to find a secluded location to train themselves on the island.
- Emilio The Goldfish - Long time friend of Mr. Tapioca but now the friendship is smoldering as Emilio betrayed the party, and Mr. Tapioca has attempted to have the man executed. Is he a bad man? Can he be trusted?
- Mr. Tapioca – A bunny-man samurai who served at some point under captain Burbank, but has decided to attune himself with nature as an ascetic on the Bajura island abruptly after encountering demons and his (former?) good friend, Emilio.
|Sessionly progress in travelling.|
|The party hides Al and the bunch behind|
After Action Report
- I used weaker monsters, but much stronger tactics this time, and I think it made for a much more interesting battle.
- Luck probably saved Sheek's life.
- All-Out Attacks nearly ended Sheek's life.
- I think the usage of the terrain made for a much more interesting encounter as well.
- I think putting absent players on pause versus using them as sock puppets worked better for me.
- I tried using an incentive system for the players to award each other for role playing, borrowing ideas from other RPGs, but I don't think it worked that well because the idea wasn't well understood. I want to try it again, but I think I need to explain it better.
- I got a huge mat now. The other mat was a bit tight, and I think this new mat helped enable some of the more interesting terrain.