Thursday, November 17, 2016

Recap: Planet Mages Session 2

Where are you, pal?
This week, we break into a hotel, and we don't find anyone important.


Cast

  • Players
    • Henry Poe (Myself) - A shapeshifting wannabe actor who does stunt work. Has big confidence issues holding him back.
    • Sasha Ivanova - an ex member of a coven. She rejected the groups traditions when her mentor died, and took on a cowboy persona.
    • Nathaniel Stone - Born around the turn of the century, an incident during World War II turned him nigh immortal. The events he in which he participated in said war have sparked a long running deadly feud with a wicked man similarly gifted.
  • NPCS
    • Sergeant Johnson - Someone from another dimension who is leading the party to finding Nicolas Cage
    • Nicolas Cage - The actor, he is apparently a person with a special gift.
    • Tanya - Nicolas Cage's manager

Summary

We decide to go to the hotel where Nick is supposed to be, but realize we don't have a room number, so we need to figure something out. When we arrive, I disguised as Nicolas Cage, notice his manager, Tanya, getting ready to leave the hotel.
This leads me to the brilliant idea of disguising myself as her. I find a woman's stall with Sasha covering for me while I transform. Because I rushed head first into this thing, I didn't think about how I didn't have a convincing outfit. When we finally get that squared away, Tanya suddenly bursts into the hotel lobby frustrated her car isn't working. Mr. Stone goes to see if he can deal with the situation, running interference for me and Sasha.
[Nate Stone finds that the car was legitimately tampered with and finds a beeping device that might be a tracking chip?]
Sasha hacks into the computer system to find the room assigned to Nick Cage, and she leads me up the stairs because she is afraid of the elevator for some reason. Still mimicking Tanya, I call out for Nick when we get to his room but get no response. Coincidentally, Housekeeping is coming through, and Sasha is able to convince them to let us in.
In Nick's room, we find he is not there. We search around and find his laptop on his bed. I find a silver 9 pointed star with symbols at each point, and a 12 digit number in the center.
Sasha hacks into the laptop and finds that Nick has been communicating in English with an individual named Xiao Zhu, and they are planning to meet at the "Wild Horse" soon.
Sasha makes like she wants to jump out the window and take me with her, but I don't know why. She later deigns that it is not necessary, and decides against it, so we meet back up with Nate Stone in the lobby, who isn't able to identify the star thing I found from a photograph I took, we decide maybe Sergeant Johnson is the only one who might know.

Thoughts and Self Reflection

  • Things I did Well
    • I think even though I jumped the gun a lot, I was good at not stalling the action. Better to make interesting mistakes than to hem and haw in a game I think.
  • Things I could have done better
    • Meh, had a snafu at the beginning where I thought we were going to the hospital to see Nick Cage, not his hotel. Oh well.
  • Things I need to do eventually.
    • I have 11 points, my first goal is to get Luck at least to the 15 point level.
    • After that, Brawling and Wrestling at DX+2 for the sweet bonuses
    • After that, need to start buying off backlashes for my beneficial afflictions. The drawbacks on regeneration are pretty bad.
    • The combat shakes at CR 6 is pretty disruptive, I probably want to get that to at least a 12, and I probably want to remove Bad Self-Image altogether eventually, but I'm hoping to buy it off after some "character growth."
  • Things That the group did well
    • The GM was definitely well prepared
    • The other players played their characters well.
    • When I didn't know what to do, it was easy to defer to the other team-mates instead of stalling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...