Brashly confident in his powers, Isaac chose to join an adventuring party, hoping to bring fame and glory to the Yeshiva and, above all, to the thaumatologist's art. He crawls dungeons, the loot secondary to his greater aspirations.
|Gar From Heroquest.|
|Provided portrait for|
|Liith, as drawn by|
After Action Report
- What Went Well
- A lot of exploration was accomplished.
- A lot of players without much problems
- What didn't go well
- It was a longer session, but there wasn't a lot of fighting. For whatever reason, I decided to go with a light fight this session, about half the CER of a usual fight, and it showed that it was much easier. I read somewhere it is nice to have some ups and downs in fighting, and I think if I aim constantly for 1:1 battles, they all tend to slogs. Maybe this feedback means that when mixing things up, instead of reaching for a breather, what the party wants is a catastrophe. Though, on the other hand, some players did like the short fight.
- I used Donjon to randomly spit this dungeon out as you can tell, and being randomly generated, it is prone to space filling nonsense and needless dead ends. Some players found that annoying. For a change of pace, after this dungeon, I'll try running some of the official dungeons featured in Pyramid issues.
- Neither here nor there
- Some players had fun with the cursed axe, some felt gypped that it was lost so soon.
- I think it's really cool that Liith's player drew a portrait.
- I decided to take a liberal reading of the meaning of a Pixie's max HP relative to ST, and say it means HP <= ST.