|Ritual Path Magic|
|Also very helpful|
Further Limitations and Enhancements
- Limitation: All Charms Have an expiration date of 1 day. This seems to be a 0% feature in terms of limitation pricing in Powers.
- Limitation: All Charms Must Be Created consecutively upon waking up before any other adventure activities take place. I think this is worth about 10%. This terminology shouldn't be abused by taking naps repeatedly to change charms more often in a day. Operate on the spirit of the limitation, not the letter.
New Advantage: Speedy Charming
Because normally we can't speed up the amount of time that it takes to make a ritual, the base 50-point cost should be adjusted with a 50% cosmic modifier for rule breaking that doesn't occur inside of combat. So the total advantage cost is 75 points. But 75 points is for unlimited charm making! The limitation of "making charms only" is redundant because that is what this advantage is all about, but we can apply "only for rituals which have a ritual mastery perk" and the limitation that all charms must be made consecutively. For the purpose of Vancian Magic, this advantage costs 23 points at maximum.
New Advantage: No-Nuisance Charming
- Easy Refill (p. 17)
- Natural Thaumaturge (p. 17)
- Leveled Ritual Mastery (p.17)
- Magery[1,2] (1 point for level 0, 2 points beyond) Functions identically to regular RPM Magery, except with the Limitations of only being able to make and use charms for rituals you have a mastery perk with.
- Ritual Adept Ritual Adept can be used to ignore Connection and Space connections. This is typical in Vancian Magic systems.
- Speedy Charming [23,30] Allows all Charms to be created instantaneously. It costs 30 points if the limitation for all charms needing to be created at one time in a day is removed
- No-Nuisance Charming [4,5] Skip rolls on charms where effective skill is 15+ and no ambient energy is required. Costs 5 points if the limitation on charms being created at a specific time of day is removed.
- Gizmo can be used to retroactively create a charm when one is needed immediately.
- Because of the same constraints on Energy Reserve as the other advantages 3 Character Points buys 5 Energy Reserve. This is likely an important consideration because hitting the valuable ceiling in terms of Magery levels with these limitations is pretty trivial, at which point, investing in straight energy reserve may be better.
- Thaumatology, Path Skills, and Innate Attack as usual
- Fast-Draw (Charm) to help make a magician more battle friendly
- Easy Refill
- Natural Thaumaturge
- Leveled Ritual Mastery
- Attribute Substitution (Innate Attack IQ)
- Attribute Substitution (Fast-Draw IQ)
- No Nuisance Rolls for Thaumatology when rolling to recover energy