So altogether, we have an expensive, but somewhat milquetoast fundamental template of:
|Attribute Modifiers: ST+3|
|Secondary Characteristics: Per-2[-10], SM+1|
|Advantages: Binding 3(Engulfing, +60%; Jet, +0%); Clinging; Damage Resistance 4(Can't Wear Armor, -40%; Spider Part only, -15%); Double-Jointed; Drider Talent 1; Extra Legs (8; Can't Kick, -50%); Super Climbing 2|
|Disadvantages: Draining (Blood of Sentients)[-10]; Social Stigma (Monster)[-15];|
Features: May wear human SM+0 armor for arms and face. Torso armor is not compatible with human armor, but is priced as SM+0 armor. Similarly, you may wield weapons as if you are SM+0. Arms are technically short, having the reach of an SM+0 human, but don't have the penalty to grappling that would normally entail.
- Accessory (Grappling Hook) You can shoot web that functions as the grappling hook from Dungeon Fantasy 1. Combine this with Skill Adaption(Throwing Grappling Hooks to Innate Attack) and it feels even more like a web!
- Binding is allowed to be bought up to the same level as ST. So, for a starting Drider, that is Binding 13.
- Super Climbing may be bought up high enough to always cling at maximum move speed.
- Drider Talent may be bought up to 4 levels
- Infravision - Getting used to your subterranean home!
- Kicking Legs - This removes the Can't Kick limitation from your legs. You have buffed up enough so the spindly pretty things aren't so fragile anymore.
- Grappling Legs - This is Extra Arms 2 (Temporary disadvantage, missing 2 legs, -15%) To munchkins, this value is estimated based on most players having about 6 move or more. For a more fair value, round move up to the nearest 5, and subtract that from -5% for the real modifier. That means this advantage is 19 points if you have less than 6 move, and 17 if you have more than 10 move, but those are both somewhat rare!
- Additionally you may buy a toxic Follow-Up for your fangs that does 1 HP of damage a second for 10 seconds.
- Toxic 1 HP (Cyclic, 10 Cycles, 1 Second each, +900%; Follow-Up, +0%)
- Developed Palette
- You may fill your need for blood from any animal that you can bite, not just sentience. In order to buy this, you are required to abstain from sentient blood for 10 consecutive days. At which point your Draining Disadvantage is transformed into 2 disadvantages
- Draining (Blood)[-5]
- Addiction (Sentient Blood)[-5]
- You may then buy off the Addiction disadvantage as per the rules in Basic Set p.440 for addiction withdrawals if you can continue to abstain.
- Damage Resistance for the spider body may increase up to 6 at SM+1, and up to 8 at SM+2
If you have a negative number, this is your change for ST going down in price. (consider also the effects on any lifting ST, HP, and Striking ST you may have independent of ST for whatever reason). These points can be set aside to buy additional ST if and when you have enough points to afford additional levels.
However, when you engage the moulting process you are vulnerable, and this will last for the length of one adventure. During this time you lose all natural DR on the spider part of your body until a new chitin exoskeleton hardens which takes, coincidentally, the length of 1 adventure.