|And this fight is over.|
|Also can't find a source.|
Nate Bumpus - Innkeeper Extraordinaire!
|Gar From Heroquest.|
|Provided portrait for|
|Also no source|
After Action Report
- What went Well?
- Everyone is dismayed (in a good way) that Arron still won without trouble in a 2:1 fight in the dark.
- Isaac's mental stun charm and lucky hit were pretty cool.
- Salvatore's healing power saved lives.
- Players got through their combat turns quickly.
- What Didn't go well?
- One player left early because of various issues. Players joining after the game started and I had accounted for everyone that I thought was playing, combined with hectic conversation that made me miss a few important things he said.
- Being down a few people in the middle of combat (Nate and Grog) dramatically changed the landscape of the battlefield, for better or worse. I did account for the changing size of the party by making the fight match the size of the new party. Coincidentally, it was a fairly small change in difficulty.
- Gar made a mistake that I've also made in the past: confusing the Spear Thrower skill with the Thrown Weapon (Spear) skill. That stuff happens every once and again. I feel like a name like "Atlatl" for Spear Thrower might help with that confusion
- A lot of time was spent on quibbling RPM minutiae. Even though the formula was figured out a while ago, conversation continued on a few points, eating up a bit of game time that could have been spent better.
- Some players were confused about how wounding works on extremities and what it effectively means. Arms are an unusually easy location to hit, and easily crippled, meaning one could be easily removed from the battle through much less damage if they depend on a working weapon arm.
- Gar and Salvatore had a large amount of do nothing time. That's a difficult problem to solve though as Gar's main arm was crippled, and Salvatore was unconscious.