|More progress in one session than|
the 3 prior.
AlisaA Paladin of a death god. Fights with a flail and shield, and has decent armor.
|Uncredited and I can't find|
|Also no source|
PerexusA wizard versed in magic combat.
SummaryThe party goes down a secret passage in the room where they met the dinomen previously. The party heads south and finds in this area a blackjack with special powers. Alisa and Lilli rush in to grab it, but miss the fact that three ogres are in the room. Thanks to Alisa's tactical know how, combine with the low intelligence of the Ogres, the tactical balance is widely swung in favor of our heroes in a jiffy. Derick's undead swarm one of the ogres, Arron destroys another, and Perexus toasts them with lightning bolts, while Alisa knocks over the last one with a shield rush. The party cleans them up in a startling upset. After the battle, Arron can tell the blackjack has some expert craftsman elements, and Lilli can tell it has some special properties channeled by Chi, but can't immediately tell at a glance what they are. Exploring the secret tunnel further, the party finds two diagrams, a chart showing the layout of traps in another part of the sewer, and a sister diagram that puzzles our heroes. After exhaustively exploring the area, the party stumbles into a cistern full of rotting sewage that makes most of the party a little ill. This is followed up by sudden shouts in a language that Derick recognizes as Orcish.
After Action Report
- What Went Well
- Perexus is on top of the rules as usual
- The party made good progress, I think they are starting to get into the swing of the rules.
- Very little lookup had to occur during the session.
- What Could go better
- Derick's player would like to have more interactivity in combat, he kinda lays low and lets his minions do the work. I think it is fine for him to have direct control over them for a while, if only. The rules caution the GM to be wary of letting players control their own allies, but I think this is not such a bad problem.
- I think the fights have thus far been a bit too easy, so I'm trying to find interesting ways to up the difficulty, or allow a different character's strengths to shine more. More deadly combat would give Derick more to do in and out of combat, and things that aren't easily defeated by Arron let other players shine too.