|The first totally awesome and cool|
image search result for callous.
|Everything we care about|
today is from this book.
- As a Player
- Are you willing to act out a bit of psychopathy?
- Are you ok with a character that will have difficulty making "real" friends?
- If not, are you interested in hopefully overcoming callousness through character growth to have a character slowly become a better person?
- You might need to have situations where you might have to work against the feelings of other party members if any of them are more good people, or finding ways to reconcile a defining character trait with occasional acts of kindness. Are you ok with this type of tension?
- As a GM
- Callous can seem a bit like a point crock; but it is also a bit cheap, do you fumble with wondering if you are levying consequences in a fair manner?
- Though it isn't as extreme as some disadvantages, are you prepared for realistic intra-party conflict?
- Do you know the player who wants to take Callous? It can be a subtle thing to roleplay well, and it requires the player puts themselves in compromising socially compromising situations, but it also needs to be balanced against the responsibility of making sure one player's fun isn't treading on another player's fun.