|A short session, but this was a|
- Sophie - A young artificer girl, the opposite of self-aware, but wants to be recognized as a genius of her time. Her poor social graces put a damper on the possibility of that ever happening. She doesn't care. Results should speak for themselves.
- Stuart ("Corduroy") - an Innkeeper saddled with the family business, but would much rather travel the world. He can't part outright with the family tavern out of respect for his family, but he needs to find and hire people that he can trust to take care of it in his absence. Additionally, he will need to gather enough money to pay them in advance; he doesn't know how profitable the inn will be in his absence, nor how long he'll be gone.
- Wynter - a Scholar who has just wandered into the town of Wood's Edge, she is just going along with whatever Sophie and Stuart are doing. She's not from around there and doesn't know what's what, and as a result, is unfortunately using Sophie as a barometer for "normal".
- Michelle (NPC) - A high ranking Merchant Guild member. She is a coleopteran, so she has a few unique mannerisms that are unfamiliar to the party, but is shy about her voice, so she speaks mostly through her partner Vincent, to whom she communicates using a complicated form of sign language. She is both an excellent artisan using rare techniques known only to coleopterans, and a master of business. Her shell, however has been cracked, and has been repaired in a kintsukuroi shell.
- Vincent (NPC) - Although technically her assistant, and in terms of profession, subordinate, Michelle calls him her partner out of respect, appreciation and genuine mutual friendship. Vincent is a Xenophile gnome extremely fascinated with Coleopteran culture. Coleopterans are a rare sight in this setting because they have very exclusionary policies, and they live atop a giant tree inaccessible to most but those races gifted with flight. Besides his extreme fascination with Coleopteran culture, he holds etiquette in very high regard and hates when people snub the rules or interrupt him.
|A map of events.|
|Artistic representation of the |
three headed triger.
|Corduroy beating the dead triger while|
Wynter and Sophie see stars.
After Action Report
- I asked why Speaks With Animals wasn't attempted, and i was told that it was thought to be a wasted opportunity since Sophie already annoyed the Triger by shooting at it.
- Wild Talent is cool, and this is the first time it was used.
- The session was really short because it couldn't start on time, and it had to end early.
- That being said, for being one of the shortest sessions we ever had, I think there were more Critical Failures in this session than any other session before.
- I think that having the players read the session recap before the start of the session lead to a lot less of the "what was I doing 20 minutes ago in game time?" questions. I hope that we can continue doing this.