Thursday, July 21, 2016

Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections

I love the smell of GURPS 20 minutes till noon.

The Blogs

This week, what happen? Not... much? Vacation time? Well, Dungeon Fantastic posted a bunch of interesting things. It was somewhat a system agnostic post, and doesn't even show up on the GURPSday roll, but I foun this post by Mailanka thoughtful, but I didn't really have much to say. Also, like this peryton writeup. Maybe there will be some more later? I really need to make time for a more critical readthrough of the sample posted on Northport.

Other Thoughts and Self Reflection

Blog traffic is plummeting, I think it might be due to the more loosey goosey type of posts as of late. I haven't been good at thinking of new content, and the ideas that I have been posting are more like, "here's some tools to implement a thing, do it how you want." Maybe something a bit less abstract would be better? But for myself, I like having the options put in front of me so I can figure it out.
Two of my reviews were popular, as they usually are, but surprisingly, the best book of the three wasn't as popular... or didn't have enough time to have people visit since I only wrote it yesterday. Comments were decent, and facebook is turning out to be a serious traffic source.
This week and the week before I had strep throat, which is really really awful. I dunno if I ever had it before, but it was bad stuff. After taking a week off from exercise, I started again this week, and it is so hard, and it is way too hot outside. It's the third week in a row of cancelled games as well. Unavoidable as the circumstances are what they are, but I want to play GURPS!

2 comments:

  1. Don't get too concrete with your content, otherwise you end up writing dissertations like me :p

    I somehow managed to put out four articles this cycle, most that I've done in a while. Probably should have spaced them out 1 or 2 a week, otherwise my blog will look ghostly over the next couple while I catch up on the various posts-in-progress :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a few started ones, but just when I thought I had time to put together a longer post, nope.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...