|I am using this cheesy clip art|
ironically, honest. I am still cool.
- Special Rapport - This advantage on p.88 lets two characters have a supernatural bond which allows them to help each other easier.
- Ceremonial Magic - This is an optional mechanic explained on p.238 where magic users can work together to cast much bigger spells. As it will be redundant, it's a safe assumption that most magic systems have similar mechanics, though I believe there are a handful of exceptions.
- Long Tasks - an optional mechanic for handling tasks that are long... the threshold is arbitrary, but either more than a day or more than a week sound like appropriate ones. This can be found on p.346 and this explains two important concepts:
- Tasks that take several hours can be easily (much more easily than in the real world) be split amongst friends to proportionately lower the work required.
- Looked at carefully, the aside spells out the mechanics that will eventually be used for assistance/complementary rolls.
- Shield-Wall Training - On p. 51, this ability means you are good at protecting nearby friends, among other cool bonuses.
- Teamwork - On p.52. This is the literal name of a perk, and it gives a lot of combat benefits when working closely with your friends.
- There is an optional rule for coordinated attacks on p.165. This can help overwhelm active defenses or create a single more powerful attack.
- Just a bit later, on p.170, we have rules for combining powers that allows us to combine similar abilities between many users to a greater effect.
|Alternate GURPS is one|
of my favorite Pyramid
- Complementary rolls - these are explained in GURPS Action 2 and Dungeon Fantasy 2 and give a bonus if someone has abilities that could help another person complete their task.
- Team Efforts, also explained in those books are a mechanic for minimizing dice rolls when everyone is doing the same thing by having the best player roll for the group.
- Granted by Familiar - This shows up in Dungeon Fantasy 5 among other places and allows one character to activate another character's advantages by being close. More detailed rules are explained in Granted by (Other) in Power-Ups 8.
- A good Pyramid article that dials many of these articles up a bit is Team Up! in Alternate GURPS III.