Thursday, November 10, 2016

Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections

Doobles reading noobles.
Wan wan, Inukami.

Of the nearly 50 posts this morning, roughly half are from three bloggers – Pseudonym, Mailanka, and Generic Universal Eggplant, who are firing on all cylinders.
Heheheheheheh! Those guys might be, but I've been running on the fumes of fumes for weeks! Essential Fumes?
Literate Programmer muses on multiple systems. I have some posts from earlier on that go into detail on a similar topic, so I should probably read this eventually and compare notes. RPG Jutsu has an interesting article on challenging strong characters. Rindis has a first look at creating a bestiary for pokemon, if you like that kinda thing, and maybe you do if you read this blog often nowadays? No School Grognard speaks to multi-front mass-combat battles, which is interesting to me, as I enjoy Romance of the Three Kingdoms and some of the drama that is spurned in sudden chaotic switches of allegiance. Gotta read this now too. Collaborative Gamer is working on more random generation tables again, which is cool. Finally, I don't play a lot of ultratech settings, but I think this is a cool list of guns from Hard Maths.

Other Thoughts and Self Reflection

What a week, huh? Hmmm. Seems a bit surreal. Oh well, tomorrow is Veteran's Day in the USA, and I have it as a (mandatory) holiday, so maybe that'll be nice. Looking forward to Discworld too. Oh, took off the whole week of Thanksgiving, need to decompress badly. I am approximately 1 month away from completing a post-a-day challenge, with, as a matter of fact, almost an average of 1.5 posts a day for an entire year.
I got all my books from the Kickstarter... the only three I didn't have were the two locations and the dungeon styles books, so at least sometime soon you can expect a book review or three to break up the monotony. That said, I don't think I've ever reviewed GURPS High Tech, which is a decent book, so maybe I can do that too.
In terms of traffic, it's a little bit lighter, but not much lighter, I think I'm getting a lot of "Long Tail" traffic now with more people looking at older stuff. At the top of my list, Last week's cross post, followed by the first ever player perspective recap on this blog.
I'm in the middle of restructuring my offline tuesday game as some players needed to renegotiate on commitments, if you happen to live in the Phoenix area, and you have Tuesday nights open (or maybe something else, my remaining players and myself are fairly flexible) and you like fairly cinematic games with supernatural powers, give me a ring and maybe I'll see if I can get you in? Not like there's a line going all the way around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...